24-Hour Emergency Service
For All Seasons Tree Service recognizes the need for 24/7 emergency service when it comes to safety. There's never really a convenient time for an emergency, but we are here and available to you when you find yourself in need. Whether your emergency is from a dead or dying tree that was ignored or from a storm that pops up, if you find a dangerous situation for yourself, your loved-ones, and/or your building structure or property, you can count on For All Seasons Tree Service to come to the rescue.
Dangerous Tree Removal
For All Seasons Tree Service only employs qualified and reliable experts in the tree industry. While all tree removals are dangerous, dead or storm-damaged trees create an even more dangerous environment for removal. For All Seasons Tree Service staff has over 75 years of combined tree experience to insure not only our staff's safety, but the safety of your building structures and property.
For All Seasons Tree Service is properly educated in the tree industry and fully insured. Before you hire a tree service company, protect yourself by requiring current documentation as proof of certification and proper insurance coverage from the company you choose to contract with.
Crane Tree Removal
In most cases, cranes are not necessary for tree removal, however, in dangerous or hard to access situations a crane may be required. For All Seasons Tree Service reviews each tree and surrounding property individually to determine the best removal method.
Tree removal situations that might require a crane:
- Trees with Excesive Leaning
- Large Dead or Dying Trees (decay preventing branches from being able to support the weight of a man)
- Trees Close to a Building and/or Structure
- Trees Located in Hard-to-Access to No-Access Areas
- Extremely Large Trees
The use of a crane in these and simular situations can cause less impact on the property around the tree, create a safer environment for the tree removal crew, and at times, be less expensive for the property owner.
Cables and brace rods provide supplemental support in trees to strengthen and reduce limb failure. 1/2" to 3/8" cables are commonly used to limit movement of limbs that could possibly fail. Cabling and bracing does not repair a hazard tree, but when done correctly by a trained arborist, it can extend the time a tree or its parts are safe. When installed incorrectly, cabling can create a more serious hazard. For All Seasons Tree Service does not recommend cabling or bracing as treatment for a hazard tree unless the tree has significant historic or landscape value.
Property owners who have trees with cabling systems should contact For All Seasons Tree Service to inspect the supplemental systems each year to insure safety.
Trees restore natural harmony in an urban environment and much like people, require continuous maintenance. To insure your trees have a long and healthy life, you can rely on For All Seasons Tree Service as your personal certified arborist to help you achieve the maximum desired benefits from your trees.
Some of the benefits from trees are:
- Air Filtration - Trees filter out particulate matter and absorb harmful gases
- Purified Water - Trees slow and filter rain water and protect aquifers and watersheds
- Utility Cost Reduction - Trees reduce yearly heating and cooling costs by 2.1 billon dollars
- Climate Control - Trees help protect our enviroment by moderating the effects of sun, wind and rain
- Increased Property Value - Well-cared landscaped properties are 5 - 20% more valuable than properties without landscaped estates
When selecting an arborist, check for membership in professional organizations such as the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). Such membership demonstrates a willingness on the part of the arborist to stay up to date on the latest techniques and information. For All Seasons Tree Service has several ISA certified arborists on staff.
Trimming & Prunning
Proper trimming and prunning of trees is essential to the health of a tree, help prevent hazard trees and can create improved curb appeal for property and homeowners alike.
Trimming and prunning techniques performed by For All Seasons Tree Service include:
- Eliminating branches that run each other
- Removing limbs that interfere with wires, building gacades, gutters, roofs, chimneys and windows, or that obstruct streets or sidewalks
- Removing dead or weak limbs that post a hazard or may lead to decay
- Removing diseased or insect-infested limbs
- Creating better structure to lessen wind resistance and reduce the potential for storm damage
- Removing limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions
- Lifting canopies and/or thinning to increase light penetration for grass growth and a better view
- Improving the shape or silhouette of a tree
There is a right and wrong way to prune a tree, and in many cases, improper pruning is often followed by disease or decay damaging the health of the tree. You can count on For All Seasons Tree Service for the proper knowledge on trimming and prunning your trees to promote the best tree health possible.
Topping & Shaping
Topping is no longer a common practice in the tree care industry and is perhaps the most harmful tree prunning practice known, causing stress to the tree, decay, hazards and certianly makes the tree ugly. Sometimes a tree must be reduced in height or spread - to avoid utility lines for example - however there are recommended techniques for doing so.
Alternative shaping and prunning techniques performed by For All Seasons Tree Service rather than topping include:
- Cleaning Trees is the removal of dead, dying, diseased, crowded, weakly attached, and low-vigor branches from the crown of a tree
- Thinning Trees is the selective removal of branches to increase light penetration and air movement through the crown. Thinning opens the foliage of a tree, reduces weight on heavy limbs, and helps retain the tree's natural shape
- Raising Trees removes the lower branches from a tree in order to provide clearance for buildings, vehicles, pedestrians, and vistas
- Tree Reduction reduces the size of a tree, often for clear- ance for utility lines. Reducing the height or spread of a tree is best accomplished by pruning back the leaders and branch terminals to lateral branches that are large enough to assume the terminal roles (at least one-third the diameter of the cut stem). Compared to topping, reduction helps maintain the form and structural integrity of the tree
For All Seasons Tree Service has several ISA certified arborists on staff to insure your trees are properly trimmed and shaped, promoting good health for your trees.
Stump grinding is something that many homeowners choose because the stump in their yard is not easily removed. While in the past it wasn't uncommon to see stumps in quite a few yards in any given neighborhood, it's becoming less and less common all the time, because of the convenience and affordability of stump grinding. You can make over the whole look of your yard with stump grinding because you'll quickly and easily take away the unsightly stump!
Stump grinding will not only do away with the original stump, it will also likely grind the stump to the point that it will not produce much in the way of little sprouts all over the yard, as is common with stumps and root systems that are left in the yards where a tree used to stand.
For All Seasons Tree Service can grind stumps down 18’’ below the surface making the area ready to landscape in a flash. Depending on the location of the stump, marking of underground utilities may be necessary.
Wood Chips & Mulch
For All Seasons Tree Service is a big promoter of recycling. Yard waste recycling not only keeps usable material out of the landfills, but it provides free mulch for citizens. That's not only good for the environment, but also good for your wallet!
Mulching is one of the most beneficial things a homeowner can do for the health of a tree. Mulch can reduce water loss from the soil, minimize weed competition, and improve soil structure. Whe properly applied, mulch can give landscapes a handsome, well-groomed appearance. However, mulch must be applied properly; if it is too deep or if the wrong material is used, it can actually cause significant harm to trees and other landscape plants.
Call on us today for free mulch and wood chips to promote the health of your plants and improve the appearance of your landscape!
For All Seasons Tree Service knows the importance of burning proper wood in fireplaces to help maintain a safe enviroment in the home and in the chimney. For that reason, we only sell seasoned Oak and Hickory as split firewood.
Oak and Hickory generate high heat when lit and both produce a light amount of smoke and throw only a small amount of sparks. Oak has a fair aroma while Hickory is known for its good aroma.
Both Oak and Hickory excel in the general ranking of firewood by the U.S. Forest Products Laboratory.
For well-seasoned and well-ranked firewood, call For All Seasons Tree Service to keep your firewood pile well-stocked.
Bobcat work and light grading.
For All Seasons Tree Service will get to know your property before going hog-wild and removing every bit of brush that may be overgrown in your wooded area. We promote selective removal by identifing desirable native plants that you may want to keep. This approach will minimize damage to desirable non-target plants and when done properly will eliminate the stup sprouts and will inevitably occur after brush-hogging or fire.
Screened topsoil and fill dirt.